Edited Nov 27, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Discussion on how to run Con10uum.

Requirements

• Windows 7
  • .Net 4 (beta 2)

Multitouch device

Con10uun has been tested on Win7 with :

• 3M multitouch Kit
  • Dell Latitude XT2 (with updated driver for win7).
  • We are planning to test Stantum Slate PC and Wacom Baboo multitouch PAD
Apr 20, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Has Con10uum been tested on the Wacom pad yet? It seems like a good option for those not trying to spend a lot of money.

May 5, 2010 at 10:07 AM
Edited May 5, 2010 at 10:10 AM
I have tested Con10uum on PQ Labs G2 overlay.
Is that okay that the tabs fail to close under touch over the [X] buttons on the top end?
What does it take to zoom out whole the work area?
Coordinator
May 26, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Hi,

Sorry for the delay,

@Minneapolis Yes I have tested Con10uum on Wacom Baboo tablet but for now, Wacom does only support 1 touch at a time (aka WM_TOuch) + some Windows multitouch Gesture (aka WM_Gesture). One way is to override the Wacom driver and directly read wacom chipset information to redevelop the correct driver. I have eard that some guys in France have worked on this kind of stuff.

@Koichi True. But it's not due to the PQ Labs it's a due too a Touch interpretation of the Button class of the .Net framewok 4.0. As the Button class don't receive the Touch information (as lot of all the existing "mouse oriented" controls of the FMK) For all theese control, the Touch if not Handle is converted to Click event but some time this does not correctly work. The best thing to do is to use the SurfaceButton Control that you will find in the Surface SDK for Windows.

Cheers

Max

May 26, 2010 at 12:06 PM

gotactile, are you going to implement those Microsoft Surface SDK 1.0 SP1 Workstation Edition or Microsoft® Surface® Toolkit for Windows Touch Beta classes usage in your code?

Coordinator
May 26, 2010 at 1:22 PM
@Koichi Microsoft® Surface® Toolkit for Windows Touch. Actually we have refactored the whole Con10uum project with some partners in France. We have restarted everything from scratch for a very mutch better user felling. For now we have not publish the code because it become a new project. We are building a whole CMS based on Multitouch. Cheers Max